Sherry L. Griffin – Station Manager
The lovely and talented lady of Lighthouse Radio, Station Manager, Sherry Griffin, has been involved in Christian radio for over 35 years. Sherry first got involved with Lighthouse as a teenager back in the 1980s. Her only complaint with working in radio is that her friends can’t hear her too well when she walks under a bridge!
Sherry is very proud of her Newfoundland heritage, and the fact that Lighthouse has such an amazing history in our province. She is thrilled at being a part of such a unique ministry, and getting the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people through Lighthouse. Her vision for Lighthouse as the ministry continues to grow, is to follow the Lord’s leading, and share God’s message of hope through Jesus Christ, with as many people as possible.
Tina Taylor – Communications Director
Tina Taylor has been working with Lighthouse for over fifteen years. Tina serves as Lighthouse’s Communication Director, which makes her responsible for fund raising, promotions and public relations. Tina is also the person who receipts your donations. Tina is also the host of Lighthouse’s Request Show. You can call and request your favourite song at 745-8627 or 1-888-740-8627 weekdays from 12:15 until 2 pm.
Mark Worden – Production Director
Mark Worden is Lighthouse’s Production Director and is a “transplanted” Newfoundlander. He comes originally from Saint John, New Brunswick and moved here in June of 1992 after meeting his wife, Sharon Oakley in Saint John. He arrived in Newfoundland for the first time on June 19, 1992…a year later on June 19, 1993 they became engaged, and another year later on June 19, 1994 they were married. Now they are the proud parents of three beautiful daughters, Amy, Emily and Katie.
Mark is very pleased to be serving the Lord in this position at Lighthouse. He hopes that Lighthouse’s listeners will be blessed through the music and programming that is available on Lighthouse.
Brian Matthews – Chief Engineer
Brian began his career in broadcasting at Lighthouse’s Freshwater Road studios when he was 15 — it was 1968. Since then he’s worked in commercial radio in Toronto, Port Hawksbury (Nova Scotia) and St. John’s. When he could, he volunteered his engineering services here at Lighthouse for some 30 years. In 2011, God returned him to his roots in broadcasting — Lighthouse — and he’s happy to be back. His role here is to take care of the technical side of Lighthouse, the equipment that provides the sound that you hear from your radio, Bell Satellite TV or computer. If you have any problems or questions about the technical side of Lighthouse, you can email Brian at email@example.com.
The Cole Family
Trudy and Jason Cole have been volunteering at Lighthouse for many years. Jason hosted the Top 8 from 1991 to 2011 and on that show Chris and Emma often hosted guest spots: Chris’s Corner and Emma’s Place. Trudy has hosted The Country Gospel Show since 1993. Now the entire family comes to Lighthouse on Saturday nights for 2 hours to bring you ON THE ROCK!
Larry Penney began volunteering with Lighthouse back in 1983, helping Pastor Jack Freisen with the Sunday Morning Country Gospel Show which explains Larry’s desire to hear Donna Fargo’s 1962 gospel classic “You Can’t Be a Beacon” over and over again. Larry volunteers his talents keeping Lighthouse’s computers and network up to speed. He is also the designer of the Lighthouse’s logo. Larry received the 2003 ITAC, Industry Canada Community IT Hero Award.
Contest Rules and Regulations
Contests – Main Rules and Regulations
- Contests are open to all persons residing within the licensed listening area of the Lighthouse Radio Network, with the exception of (a) employees and volunteers of Lighthouse Radio Network, all sponsors related to contest, their dealers, subsidiaries, agents and affiliates and their respective advertising agencies, (b) members of such employees’ and volunteers’ immediate families, same household members and / or persons with whom such employees and volunteers are domiciled.
- There is a maximum of one prize per household, group or organization.
- All participants agree to abide by each individual contest’s unique method of execution and contesting and the rules and regulations governing each individual contest.
- By entering any contest, entrants consent to the use of their names and / or photographs and / or voice recordings, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by Lighthouse Radio Network. Lighthouse Radio Network has the exclusive right to deem any winner ineligible if he or she has won a prize from Lighthouse Radio Network within a period of 30 days prior to the date of winning with any other Lighthouse Radio Network contest. If applicable, all winners must be available for on air interviews on the winning station, with dates and times determined by winning station. No compensation shall be granted for on air interviews. Lighthouse Radio Network reserves the right not to furnish any winner, sponsors or any other media with air checks of this promotion.
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded; prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value. Lighthouse Radio Network is not responsible for reimbursement in monetary form or alternate product, should any event be cancelled. Lighthouse Radio Network reserves the right to determine the length of time from which winners will receive their prizes. This period shall not be longer than 30 days from the date of winning.
- Lighthouse Radio Network is not responsible for any difficulties that may occur with e-mail servers, telephone lines, and / or computer delivery, nor is it responsible for destroyed, lost, or misdirected entries. In the case of an e-mail entry, if the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he / she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
- Lighthouse Radio Network is not responsible for any sickness, injuries, loss of possessions or loss of life at any time before, during, or after taking possession of any prize. Before taking possession of any prize, the winner may have to sign a waiver accepting to liberate and release themselves, their heirs, executors, administrators, and the following interested parties; Lighthouse Radio Network; and any other sponsor related to this promotion, of all corporal, property and / or equipment damages that they could cause, suffer from or meet with, and from all claims, judicial process, legal actions or proceedings of all manner including, but not restricting, the total applicability of the foregoing, and all recourse resulting from any or all decisions taken by the sponsors and Lighthouse Radio Network.
- Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion; to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Lighthouse Radio Network corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any Web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Lighthouse Radio Network reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Lighthouse Radio Network reserves the right to deny any winner their prize if winner fails to meet any of the above conditions.
- Lighthouse Radio Network reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Should amendments take place, Lighthouse Radio Network will immediately make every effort to print new rules within 72 hours of when the amendments take place. Lighthouse Radio Network assumes no responsibility for printing delays of amended rules, should it be the case. All entries become the property of Lighthouse Radio Network and shall in no case be returned to the entrant.
- Subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws, these rules govern all aspects of this contest and are binding upon all entrants. Any decision made by Lighthouse Radio Network or the independent contest judging organization in respect to this contest shall be final. Should circumstances beyond Lighthouse Radio Network’s control force cancellation of the promotion; this contest automatically ends with no compensation of any kind to be offered to existing qualifiers or winners. Lighthouse Radio Network assumes no responsibility for any delays or cancellation of this promotion.Contest rules are available from Lighthouse Radio Network during regular business hours at 1041 Topsail Road, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 5E9.