As the province officially moves to Alert Level 3 in response to COVID 19, impacts on City services are going to be announced as changes occur. Once all details and guidelines for Alert Level 3 are released from the province, the City will finalize plans for delivering services safely.
In consultation with the provincial Department of Health, stakeholder organizations, and our Occupational Health and Safety officers, the City will ensure that all changes to services, programs and facilities support the health and wellness of the general public and staff.
Please note the following:
- Municipal outdoor sports fields in St. John’s remain closed until further notice
- All municipal dog parks are open effective 4 PM, Friday, June 5
- Registration for recreation summer programs begins on Thursday, June 11 at 7 AM
- Bulk garbage and metal collection will resume on July 6; all details including how to make an appointment will be announced in the near future
In the coming weeks, further announcements will be made regarding the following:
- Metrobus and GoBus
- Recreation program offerings
- Outdoor pools and splash pads
- Outdoor sports fields
- City offices and facilities
- Other services as required