Are you ready for a once-in-a-lifetime getaway?
Lighthouse FM is moving to a new location. We need to raise $500,000 to remodel, purchase state-of-the-art equipment and build new studios. All donations are kindly welcome to help us reach even more people with the Good News of the gospel! We are SO excited! We have partnered with Canada Fire Storm Inc. and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada who are helping to sponsor a celebratory contest! No donations are necessary to enter.
The approximate value of our prize is $6500.
It’s a 5-day / 4-night stay from anywhere in Canada (except Quebec) to the Billy Graham Center, “The Cove”, in Asheville, North Carolina.
It also includes a seminar retreat of the winner’s choice, for them and their guest that they can choose from The Cove’s calendar of events for 2023.
The trip must be booked by October 27th, 2023, and completed by the end of December, 2023.
Prize includes $100 each for the winner and their guest to help cover transportation in North Carolina to and from the event location.
Deadline to enter is March 30th, 2023. The winner will be announced on April 12th.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity – enter our contest below!
Welcome to Lighthouse VOAR-FM’s “Relocation Celebration Giveaway” (“Contest”)
Contest – Main Rules and Regulations
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win, the person must be a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec), be 18 years of age or older, with the exception of (a) employees and volunteers of Lighthouse Radio Network, all sponsors related to this Contest, their dealers, subsidiaries, agents and affiliates and their respective advertising agencies; (b) members of such employees’ and volunteers’ immediate families, same household members and / or persons with whom such employees and volunteers are domiciled; (c) Quebec or other areas where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Contest is open to one entry per person via our web page at Lighthousefm.org and is open from 8:20 am Thursday, March 2nd to March 30th, at 11:59 pm, 2023. The winner will be announced on April 12th. The awarded trip must be booked by October 27th, 2023, with the trip completed by the end of December, 2023. By entering the Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the Contest rules set out herein, and accept the decisions of the Sponsors, or those acting on behalf of the Sponsors, as final and binding, without right of appeal, in all respects, including, without limitation, as to the eligibility and disqualification of entries. Entries that are incomplete, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Contest rules, shall be disqualified. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants the release of perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide license to use his/her/their entry (including but not limited to photographs, recording, video, or text) entered into the Contest in marketing and promotion related to Lighthouse VOAR-FM. Each entrant, by entering the Contest, confirms that they hold the exclusive rights to all intellectual property in their entry, other than the right of releases as set forth in the Contest rules, and that all moral rights in the intellectual property in their entries have been waived.
- LIMIT: There is a maximum of one prize awarded, valued at approximately $6500. The winner will be chosen by random draw and must correctly answer a skill testing question. If for some reason the winner cannot go on this trip, the prize shall be completely forfeited with no additional compensation provided to them or their guest.
- Sponsors: Lighthouse VOAR-FM, Canada Fire Storm Inc, and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada. However, Lighthouse VOAR-FM is solely responsible for conducting and administering this Contest, including the collection of all personal information.
- PRIZE: The prize is a plane trip for two originating in Canada (excluding Quebec) from the nearest major airport of the winner, with a five-day and four-night stay at the Billy Graham Center, “The Cove”, in Asheville, North Carolina. The trip includes a seminar/retreat or event at the Billy Graham Center. Housing and food will be included with the prize at The Cove. Ground transportation in Asheville will be provided from the airport to The Cove, then after the retreat from The Cove to the airport on the final Contest departure day. All other travel fees (to and from sightseeing in Asheville on your own time) and food costs outside The Cove retreat, will be the winner’s responsibility. Travel from the winner’s and guest’s homes to and from the airport is the winner’s and their guest’s responsibility.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All participants agree to abide by the Contest’s unique method of execution and contesting and the rules and regulations governing such. The prize may not be sold to, bartered with, purchased by, or utilized by a third party. Prize is non-transferable. By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, address and/or photographs and/or voice recordings, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Lighthouse VOAR Radio Network. Lighthouse has the exclusive right to deem any winner ineligible if he or she has won a prize from Lighthouse Radio Network within a period of 30 days prior to the date of winning with any other Lighthouse Radio Network contest. If applicable, all winners must be available for on-air interviews on the winning station, with dates and times determined by winning station. No compensation shall be granted for on-air interviews. Lighthouse Radio Network reserves the right not to furnish any winner, sponsors, or any other media with air checks of this promotion.
All prizes must be accepted as awarded; prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value if not redeemed as awarded. Lighthouse Radio Network, the Billy Graham Association of Canada, or Canada Fire Storm Inc, is not responsible for reimbursement in monetary form or alternate product, should any event be cancelled. No lost or stolen components of any prize will be replaced. The winner is responsible for all insurances pertaining to this prize, including travel and medical insurances, and any related fees and/or taxes. It is expected that the winner and travelling companion will have all travel documents required to enter the United States. Lighthouse Radio Network reserves the right to determine the length of time from which winners will receive their prizes, as noted in item #2 above.
If the winner chooses not to take a travel companion on the trip, the prize will be awarded to the winner only and the airfare and meals will be provided for the winner only. No additional compensation will be provided.
Lighthouse Radio Network is not responsible for any difficulties that may occur with e-mail servers, postage, telephone lines, and/or computer delivery, nor is it responsible for destroyed, inaccurate capture, lost, or misdirected entries. In the case of an e-mail entry, if the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
Lighthouse Radio Network is not responsible for any sickness, injuries, loss of possessions or loss of life at any time before, during, or after taking possession of any prize. The winner is accepting to liberate and release themselves, their heirs, executors, administrators, and the following interested parties; Lighthouse Radio Network; and any other sponsor related to this promotion, of all corporal, property and/or equipment damages that they could cause, suffer from or meet with, and from all claims, judicial process, legal actions or proceedings of all manner including, but not restricting, the total applicability of the foregoing, and all recourse resulting from any or all decisions taken by the sponsors and Lighthouse VOAR-FM Radio Network.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the e-mail portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Lighthouse Radio Network corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Lighthouse Radio Network reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Lighthouse Radio Network reserves the right to deny any winner their prize if winner fails to meet any of the above conditions.
- Lighthouse Radio Network reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Should amendments take place, Lighthouse Radio Network will immediately make every effort to print new rules within 72 hours of when the amendments take place. Lighthouse Radio Network assumes no responsibility for printing delays of amended rules, should it be the case. All entries become the property of Lighthouse Radio Network and shall in no case be returned to the entrant.
- Subject to applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws, these rules govern all aspects of this Contest and are binding upon all entrants. Any decision made by Lighthouse VOAR-FM Radio Network or the Contest judging organization in respect to this Contest shall be final. Should circumstances beyond Lighthouse VOAR-FM Radio Network’s control force cancellation of the promotion, this Contest automatically ends with no compensation of any kind to be offered to existing qualifiers or winners. Lighthouse Radio Network assumes no responsibility for any delays or cancellation of this promotion. Contest rules are available from Lighthouse Radio Network during regular business hours at 1041 Topsail Road, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 5E9.
Odds of winning the prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
This Random Draw Trip Contest Package includes specific language for contest rules/precedents relating to a trip contest, including in relation to trip prize(s), restrictions on trip prizes (e.g., carve-outs and black-out periods), requirement for the winner to provide releases for both the winner and any travel companion and both winner and travel companion to release all sponsors in this contest (which are particularly important where there is increased risk in a contest, such as where a prize(s) includes travel, flights or other elements that may increase risk for a contest sponsor).
Lighthouse VOAR-FM will attempt to contact the winner for 10 days from the date of the draw. If the winner cannot be reached during this time, another name will be drawn and that person will be deemed the winner. The winner must be available for communication during this 10-day period.
Waiver and Agreement to Terms and Conditions: All participants, as well as their travel companions, must read, understand, and agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Contest before participating. Furthermore, all participants, as well as their travel companions, must accept full responsibility for their actions in relation to the Contest and fully waive any claims against the Contest sponsors for any loss or injury of any kind related to the Contest. All participants must be 18 years of age or over and have read, understand, and agree to these Terms and Conditions before participating.
The Sponsors and the independent Contest organization shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrant(s). The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by the Sponsor to administer the Contest and, only if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide entrants with information regarding upcoming promotions and/or events from the Sponsor. For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Sponsor, please contact Lighthouse FM.
1041 Topsail Road
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 5E9
Monday – Thursday
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.